Are you still struggling to control your appetite? Well, summer is coming and it’s time to start thinking about your new bikini and get your body ready for those fabulous sunny beaches!
To begin with, it’s important to suppress your hunger; reducing the number of calories you consume daily will stimulate your body to lose unnecessary ‘winter’ weight. Once you have mastered this, you will be able to concentrate on enjoyable spa treatments and bikini shopping to get the perfect look.
Here we go! 5 simple tips on how to conquer your appetite without exhausting or torturing yourself:
- Water! Yes, everyone is talking about it and it’s true. Water will take up room in your stomach and therefore temporarily block your appetite. In addition, chilled water will increase your metabolism and will encourage your body to lose weight. Water may be boring, so try to add some sliced cucumber, grapefruit, lime or berries and fresh mint.
- Eat mindfully! Please put away your phone, switch off the TV and close your laptop; create peace and silence around you. Enjoy each bite of your meal, taste it, relish it, smell it and don’t rush!
- Get busy! Being constantly active increases your metabolism. So, don’t panic when you have a long list of things to do – exercise, washing, cleaning or shopping will benefit your body and help you to get rid of extra calories! For example, your weekend shopping will burn an extra 200-300 calories, isn’t that amazing?!
- Boost your metabolism choosing the right food! Choose the right food to boost your metabolism - drink green tea, coffee and still water. Add ginger, curry, cinnamon to your dishes. For snacks choose apples, grapefruits, blueberries, watermelon and almonds. Eat greens on a daily basis - spinach, broccoli, asparagus, celery are the best to increase your metabolism.
- Eat more often and listen to your body! When we are hungry it’s difficult to control the size of a portion. It’s important to start your day with a breakfast that will turn on your metabolism after your night’s sleep. Try to eat every 3 hours, it is important to start eating before you get the feeling of hunger, it will help you to control the size of your portion and listen to your body. Split your usual portion into 2 parts, eat more often, eat slowly and remember we eat to live not live to eat.